ROMANTIC RASPBERRY TART
600 g plain flour,sifted
250 g caster sugar
380 g butter diced
Juice 2 lemons
2 egg yolks
2-3 tablespoons of water
6 punnets of fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 160*C. Put the flour, sugar, butter eggs, lemon and water and mix in all together in the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. 2. Mix on low speed until the texture is pliable.ut the flour, sugar, butter eggs, lemon and water and mix in all together in the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment.
2. Mix on low speed until the texture is pliable.
3.Mix until you make a firm dough.
4. Grab the dough together and roll into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
5.Lightly grease the base and side of a 30 cm X 15cm oven dish.
6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to 3-4 mm thick. Cut out and line the backing dish with the dough. Trim any excess dough from the edges. Roll the leftover dough and create a lid , about 2mm and lay on top once you have raspberries a tablespoon of flour and a sprinkle of sugar then place the dough on top. Re-roll the left over dough from the edges and cut into thin strips. You can use to lattice pattern over the top.
7. Bake the tart for 45 mins, or until pastry is firm and golden.
Allow to cool.
Serve with cream and ice cream.
In the oven she goes!!